A genetic profile informs you about your genetic predisposition.
At lifeyear clinic, you can choose among:
- A complete preventive genetic profile (entirely dedicated to anti-aging)
- Or a basic preventive genetic test
- Or a genetic profile dedicated to one recommended area
Ophthalmo: glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration
Dermatology: skin aging, androgenetic alopecia
Neurology and psychiatry: nicotine addiction, Alzheimer, Parkinson, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, emotional instability and autism
Endocrinology: type II diabetes, weight control
Cardiology: atherosclerosis, deep vein thrombosis, statin treatment tolerance
Complete preventive genetic profile
The complete preventive genetic profile covers detoxification capacities, cardiovascular diseases, skin and dental health, weight management, bone health, physical and mental fitness. The provided results offer personalised and detailed recommendations on nutrition, diet, micronutrition and lifestyle. This test may be carried out for any person who wants to invest in his/her health condition by taking appropriate measures for a healthier, longer and more successful aging.
Basic preventive genetic test:
The basic genetic test comprises 13 genes and determines their respective level of influence on:
- Lipid profile
- Insulin resistance and susceptibility to diabetes type II
- Lactose intolerance
- Coffee consumption
- Homocysteine level
- Vitamin D efficiency and susceptibility for osteoporosis
- Sensitivity to certain chemicals and toxins
- Susceptibility to inflammation and oxidative stress
- The genetic variations found in the 13 genes examined will help determine a list of recommended food compounds and a list of food compounds to avoid. Additional laboratory tests are to be performed in order to control and follow-up the effect that the nutrition and lifestyle changes have on the patient’s health.
Personalised: Individuals have differing combinations of predisposing genes, hence the need for individualised medicine
Proactive: Calls for preventive measures to take before the clinical signs of the disease are apparent.
Predictive: Analyzes disease-predisposing genes, and determines a probabilistic health history for each individual.
Participative and Patient-centric: based on education and communication. Emphasizes the active role of the patient and his/her mindful involvement in the treatment.
Every man desires to live long, but no man would be old.
A healthy outside starts from the inside.
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
The greatest medicine of all is to teach people how not to need it.
It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than what sort of disease a person has.
The modern medicine focuses on health and prevention rather than illness and intervention.
Add life to your years to add years to your life.
Yes, I am trying to eat healthy. No, I am not on a diet.
First newsletter: Benefits of dark chocolate.